Prolong Your Dog's Life
Wintergreen Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians don't believe in a one-size-fits-all wellness plan or that every pet needs every possible vaccine available. For this reason, we base our vaccine and other preventive recommendations on your dog's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle. We follow the latest recommendations set forth by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
Annual preventive care for dogs typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccines based on your dog's lifestyle and/or breed. Core Vaccines include Rabies, Distemper and Leptospirosis. Our veterinarians may also recommend additional vaccines such as Lyme and Bordetella (Kennel Cough).
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as heartworms, intestinal parasites (such as round worms), fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your dog and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Diagnostic Testing to confirm the absence of heartworms or other internal parasites and early disease screening tests to help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping that will benefit your dog's overall health and wellbeing and advise you on any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.