Prolong Your Cat's Life
Wintergreen Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians don't believe in a one-size-fits-all wellness plan or that every pet needs every possible vaccine available. For this reason, we base our vaccine and other preventive recommendations on your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle. We follow the latest recommendations set forth by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
Our recommendations for feline annual preventive care include:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper (FVRCP). Your veterinarian may also suggest the Feline Leukemia vaccine for outdoor cats.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Round worms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV), heartworms or other internal parasites and early stages of diseases which cannot be detected during a physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.