When Your Pet Needs a Home Away From Home
We recognize that staying away from home can be stressful for pets and their families alike. At Wintergreen Animal Hospital, we believe in making your pet feel at home by providing tender loving care.
- Boarding compartments are clean, comfortable and roomy.
- An indoor environment ensures the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- All kennel areas are heated and air-conditioned.
- A large enclosed yard provides opportunities for supervised, off leash fun.
- Play periods and special exercise packages are available.
- We will be happy to give any medications or special diets that are necessary.
- Your pet will be closely monitored during its stay to make sure it is healthy and happy.
For your convenience, Wintergreen Animal Hospital is happy to provide wellness or other exams while your pet is boarding with us. Grooming (shampooing, nail trimming, etc.) and many of our other services are also available during your pet's stay. Let us know how we can best serve you and your pet when you make your boarding reservation.
Our kennel area is temperature controlled, with air conditioning and heating. Windows provide sunshine and blankets provide coziness. We provide the love!
Our large, enclosed yard allows ample space to stretch your legs.
Cats are boarded in our exclusive Cat Condos. Nine connecting cages with hide boxes cater to sun-loving felines.
For the safety of all of our guests, we require that each pet boarding with us be up-to-date on core vaccines BEFORE being dropped off and that the following requirements be met:
- Dogs must be current on the following vaccines – Distemper (DHPPC), Rabies and Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- Cats must be current on the following vaccines – Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies
- All pets need to have had a negative fecal examination within 6 months
- All pets will receive a flea preventive upon arrival
- All pets must be free from internal and external parasites
If your pet is not up-to-date with any of the above requirements, we can do them for you.
Pet Food, Bedding & Housekeeping
You are welcome to bring your pet's own food and treats. If you do not bring food, we feed Purina here and that is provided at no extra cost. We will provide bowls, blankets, appropriate toys, and TLC. If your pet requires medications or supplements, we ask that you bring them and properly label them.
All dogs are walked at least twice a day and usually three times daily. All pets are fed and accommodations are cleaned twice daily. If your pet requires a different schedule, please ask and we will do everything we can to accommodate.
Book Your Pet's Vacation Today
We are especially proud of our boarding facilities and you are more than welcome to stop in and tour them anytime!
Please call us at (814) 825-6735 to book a reservation. We look forward to your pet's vacation!